Summaries of all reports are available for free downloads on our site. Some of our recent reports include…
Business and Technology Trends
- Business and Technology Trends: Commercial Lines. Commercial market pricing is showing a decided recovery, leading commercial lines carriers to invest in core systems replacement, agent portal functionality, and business intelligence and predictive analytics.
- Business and Technology Trends: Workers’ Compensation. A distressingly high combined ratio in written premiums for WC carriers is driving a strong interest in core claims systems replacement, business intelligence, PAS replacements, and document management upgrades.
- Business and Technology Trends: Personal Lines. Serious profitability pressures on the personal lines market means carriers are focusing on growth strategies, expense reduction, and improving underwriting results.
(see full list of Business and Technology Trends Reports at http://www.novarica.com/sectorreports/)
CIO Surveys, Best Practices, and Case Studies
- US Insurer IT Budgets and Projects for 2013. Modest budget increases, core PAS replacement projects, business intelligence, agent portal enhancements, and mobile and social media pilots are all on the 2013 priority list for insurer CIOs.
- Best Practices Case Study Compendium 2012. These case studies, the fruit of the first annual Novarica Research Council Impact Awards, provide a useful set of examples of impactful IT projects. They offer insurer business and IT executives detailed examples across a broad range of diverse industry initiatives.
- Agile Development: Benefits, Challenges, and Organizational Change. Despite the many benefits, many insurance organizations have struggled to make the move to agile development. This report is designed to help CIOs understand the benefits of agile development and prepare for necessary changes.
Novarica Market Navigators
- Property/Casualty Rating Solutions. Profiled vendors include: Accenture, AQS, Camilion, CGI, Decision Research Corporation, Instec, OneShield, Oracle, SISTRAN, StoneRiver, and ValueMomentum.
- Insurance Distribution Management Solutions. Profiled vendors include: Callidus, CSC, MajescoMastek, Navagate, Oracle, Outline Systems, SAP, SunGard, Trilogy Software, Varicent, Vertafore, and VUE.
Executive Briefs and Checklists
- Minimizing Project Risk Checklist. Insurers’ core missions are tied to managing risk in a cost effective and predictable manner. This brief illuminates common factors that contribute to IT project failure and offers a checklist to reduce project risk.
- Insurance IT Transformation Checklist. In order to survive and thrive in the future, CIOs need to facilitate and support business transformation efforts. This report provides a roadmap of things to consider for a transformational program.
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Planning. Insurers’ planning needs to account for likely disaster scenarios lest they put their customer relationships in peril at the very time the contractual promises they have made are needed most.